Chelsea Elizabeth, of Organized Mess, posted a blog recently in which she awarded "7 Style Awards" to 7 of her favorite bloggers. Being one of the 'recipients' (thanks Chelsea!), I was instructed to post 7 facts about myself, link her blog and then pass the award on to 7 of my favorite blogs. With that said....
1. I think putting a fitted sheet onto a bed is one of the hardest things a person can do. I would rather pay someone to do it for me than attempt it myself. That 4th corner is just...impossible.
2. I get much too excited about things which are, in the grand scheme of things, not that important. Example: Last week, I bought a bag of 12 oranges on sale for 1 euro. And it was kind of the highlight of my week. I also get way too excited about Skype/video chatting and taking screen shots of the process (see above photo).
3. I think that crazy ex-girlfriends make normal, current girlfriends seem so much more perfect. (Did I say that? Whoops.)
4. In my humble opinion, there is no better gift than an iTunes gift card.
5. When I was a senior in high school, my best friend Maddie and I took a "zero hour course" (a course that meets an hour before the school day begins) just so we could have a class together. No, we didn't need the course and we actually hated it. But the 50 minutes spent every morning together (and often riding to school together) were so worth it. Plus, if you took a zero hour course, you got out of school an hour early!
6. I have many, many pet peeves (possibly more than the average human should). One of my biggest? Putting on lip gloss and then having the wind blow your hair across your lips. Grossest. Feeling. Ever.
7. I associate songs with very specific locations, specific memories, the very emotion-I-was-feeling-the-first-time-I-heard-it, etc. When I first moved to Vienna for my internship, I listened to this song (below) every morning on my way to work. Hearing it now brings me back to May 2010 in a heartbeat.
And now....7 blogs I love:
Wanderlust - she's either posting awesome photos of exotic places she's explored or listing amazing recipes (like this - are you kidding me?). She also featured me on this sweet little post back in October.
Kayla in Bavaria - yes, I talk to her every day & technically don't need to receive updates via blogspot, but who cares? I always get excited when I see that she's updated.
If you don't mind - this blog belongs to my friend Sarah, who witnessed a little girl in a store say to her mother, "I'm going to skip now, if you don't mind". What better reason to follow her blog than the mere fact that its name was birthed from such a funny story?
JC on DC - One of my best friends from college, Jenny, moved to D.C. after graduation and blogs about her life there. I love reading her comparisons between her current life on the Hill and her former life in Oklahoma.
Julie writes words - Jenny's sister, another dear friend from college (and my former roommate!) writes words (as you can see from the title of her blog) and let me tell you, these words are funny. This is not a personal blog, but rather an outlet for Julie's creativity (her short stories are hilarious). My personal favorites of her posts can be found here and here.
Lauren Lyles - she's cute, funny and dresses well. What more do you need to know?
Das blog - My Fulbright friend Emily posts lesson plan ideas which are super helpful to anyone who teaches a foreign language. One thing I highly recommend (linked on her blog) is this video, in which she is filmed jumping out of a car trunk, surprising her parents on Christmas day this past December (they didn't know she had flown home from Germany). It gives me chills and makes me want to cry. The saddest/sweetest part is that, if you listen closely, you can here Emily's mom say, "I kept wondering why you weren't online" because she had wanted to Skype with her on Christmas morning. It's something my mom would say!