when my friend laura emailed me an article about the 2011 Washington Post Peeps Diorama Contest, i didn’t think much of it. i glanced through it and thought, “that’s cute” and then went to bed. in the morning, however, i gave the photos a more thorough look-over and decided that this contest is one of the cutest things i’ve ever seen. i’ve always hated peeps but now, after seeing these photos, i think i’m kind of obsessed with them (just as long as i don’t have to eat them). mostly, i’m just amazed at how creative people are. and since tomorrow is good friday, i figured today was an appropriate time as ever to share it here. hope you enjoy!
the winner (and my top 10 favorite finalists):
4. “Inpeeption” (this one is simple but so clever nonetheless…..and, like #3, the name ‘Inpeeption’ is so hilarious to me…)
5. “The King’s Peep” (again, can’t…get over….the title…) 6.“Black Peep” (this one is hard to see but i think that’s the mattress on the left and i want to say there’s a blood-covered peep laying on it….having seen the movie, i’m laughing out loud.)
7. “The Very Hungry Catpeepillar”
8. "Apple's iPeep Release in Georgetown"
11. "Peepie Sheen Receives His Daily Transfusion of Fresh Tiger Blood" (okay, i meant to choose only my top 10 but this one is, hands down, the funniest title of the bunch…i was laughing out loud in the teacher’s lounge saying, “peepie sheen!!” but then again i was also saying that for “the peepstones!! the very hungry catpeepillar! inpeeption! the king’s peep!”….)
the rest of the washington post article (including other finalists + behind the scenes videos) can be found here.