1. because, believe it or not, paying 25% of your monthly salary on rent (instead of 50%) can be kind of awesome.
2. because having heat in the middle of the night means you don't have to wake up at 4am shivering for dear life!
3. there's no longer a 10-15 minute walk to the bus stop. a 1 minute walk will suit me just fine, now, thanks.
4. who says you need more than 1 room to be happy?
5. because being closer to the gym (as well as 100 clothing stores like zara, mango, h&m, etc.) is never a bad thing...
6. high speed internet. enough said.
7. showering makes for much cleaner hair than having to wash your hair in a bathtub every day*.
translation: if you're currently living in a very, very small german village outside of nuremberg, it might pay off for you to move to a city outside of nuremberg instead.
just a thought!
*in my former apartment, i had no shower - just a bathtub. this is actually very normal around here! some of my friends have the same bathroom layout. i'm not a fan...