there’s an overnight train from salzburg to italy. it leaves salzburg at 11 something pm and reaches venice by 8:34 the next morning. kaitlyn and i hopped on said train and rolled right into the city of water on it. here are some photos taken shortly after our arrival.
10 things we learned while in venice
1. venice does not smell great.
2. the water is really beautiful, but still…that smell.
3. backpacks feel 500x heavier when it’s about 1,000 degrees outside.
4. authentic italian pizza….there’s nothing like it in this world.
5. bangs aren’t all that conducive to traveling in the hot, hot heat (there’s a reason you’re not seeing any photos of me and kaitlyn in venice).
6. the amount of cheesy tourist shirts for sale in and around the venice train station is startling.
7. toms shoes make for some really special tan lines.
8. one day in venice is enough, if you want it to be!
9. the italian accent might be the most fun to mimic (i can do a really convincing “grazie! prego!”).
10. authentic italian gelato… even better than the pizza? it’s possible.